The 3-Ingredient Lettuce Smoothie is one of the easiest and most refreshing green smoothies ever. It’s a super convenient way to detox, recharge, and nourish.
Intro to the 3-Ingredient Lettuce Smoothie
I go through periods of time where I don’t feel like cooking anything, or even making a smoothie for myself. I’m tempted to go to the store or a takeout spot and overpay for something that’s not as tasty or as healthy as I’d make at home. This recipe was inspired by those periods.
I developed this recipe to make it easier for myself to make good choices around food. By having recipes that use only the bare minimum time, effort, and ingredients, we can eliminate our own excuses for why we don’t eat well.
The recipe is built around highlighting the deep refreshment and mild nuttiness that is the essence of romaine lettuce. The other two ingredients, lemon juice and olive oil, are the supporting cast, giving the drink a little bit of dimension.
Why Make the 3-Ingredient Lettuce Smoothie?
- Healthy – romaine is the most nutritious lettuce, low in calories, high in vitamins and antioxidants
- Simple – 3 ingredients, and all you have to do is blend
- Refreshing – you’ll feel cooler and more relaxed after drinking this
- Tasty – flavors balanced between cool romaine, tart lemon, and grassy-buttery olive oil
- Fast – it takes about 3-4 minutes to make
How to make this smoothie
Wash and chop the lettuce, slice and squeeze the lemon, and blend everything together with water. That’s it.
Also, you can sweeten the smoothie a little, if you want. (I understand that romaine is slightly bitter to some.) I tried it with and without sweetener and found that it’s more refreshing when unsweetened.
More Whole-Food Vegan Smoothies
- My Favorite Green Smoothie – I drink this one almost every day
- Beet-Grapefruit Smoothie – invigorating, brightly flavored and brightly colored
- 3-Ingredient Jackfruit Smoothie – great if you have too much fresh jackfruit
- Avocado Coconut Smoothie – a chilled raw soup that works great as a smoothie
Fast Veggies to make in a Time Crunch
- 3-Ingredient Vegan Creamed Spinach – only takes 5 minutes and is seriously tasty
- Air Fryer Kale – crispy, crunchy, and packed with nutrients; cooks in 3 minutes
- 3-Ingredient Sauteed Summer Squash – brings out the natural sweetness of the squash
- Sheet Pan Dinner #1 – brussels sprouts, potatoes, and mushrooms roasted in one pan
As always, if you try this recipe out, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (once you’ve tried it), and take a picture and tag it @gastroplant on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with.
3-Ingredient Lettuce Smoothie
- 2.5 cups romaine lettuce including heart, chopped (about 100 grams / 3.4 ounces or 1/4 head)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- Maple syrup or other sweetener to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Serve or store immediately.
Leave a Reply